Cognitive and Neural Mechanisms of Language Comprehension and Production
- How does global discourse information interact with local sentence and word information?
- How do we build memory for discourse?
- How do we process referential expression?
- Which individual cognitive abilities drive individual differences in reading and listening comprehension?
- How do we recognize speech?
- What happens when we try to understand speech in noisy environments?
- How can we translate our knowledge about speech processing to improve hearing aids for hearing impaired individuals?
- How does language break down in patients with neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia and autism?
- How does language break down after brain injury due to stroke?